Friday, October 27, 2006

2 weeks in

Had my first proper stressful day at work yesterday and my first proper good day today. Not that every other day so far has been middle of the road but these were days I came away from thinking - Arrgghhh or Yay!

Yesterday I worked a 12 hour day, starting at 9am and working through until 6.45pm as there were quite a few meetings in the day and then the Vicar needed a load of stuff done, which took ages! I then took half an hour to go for a walk before going on to visit another Cluster and introduce myself to them etc. Home at 10pm. I don't mind a day like this occasionally but I won't be happy if they happen more than once every couple of weeks. I have a sneaking suspicion this could be the case unless I am very firm with myself and my boss from the start - hmmm, must work on those assertiveness skills.

Today on the other hand was a start at putting those skills into practice. I came in at 10am and left at 4pm to make up for some of the time yesterday. Got a load of stuff done, had good chats with a few people and started settling myself into my new desk (which the previous PA has now vacated). Is nice to have a little 'home' in the office with some familiar pictures and things.

Off to Huddersfield this weekend to see Rich's folks. Back in time for a day of church stuff on Sunday - all good practice for the future. x

2 Comments:

At 3:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally I can reply to your blogs and not keep pestering your husband (though the "what Anna did next" blog has really made me laugh!).

Really looking forward to seeing you Sat! Are you driving down?

See you then.
xxx

 
At 4:47 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Not sure yet - probably will drive as we need to set off early on Sunday for church and might not be very easy to do with trains. Really looking forward to seeing you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home