Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Temping

Am temping at the moment, working as a Basic Skills Tutor for the Careers Development Group. My first day yesterday consisted of sitting around doing no work (there was literally nothing for me to do) chatting to the Administrator, who also did no work.
The organisation run a government funded initiative to help people with Mental Health problems and Learning difficulties to gain employment but they are not open to clients on Mondays. Why they asked for me to come in that day is beyond me.

Today was a little better. I spent most of the day working with a guy on writing his CV, which was fairly interesting and I felt that I was able to help him quite a bit. However there were only 4 clients that came in all day. The administrator assures me that it will be busier tomorrow but we shall see. Thankfully I'm only booked for 3 days so tomorrow is my last - in some ways it's nice to be paid quite well for doing vey little but I'd rather be busy and not have the guilt!

2 Comments:

At 4:15 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Was booked in to work at the same place Thursday last week and have been booked for Mon-Wed next week too. It's actually a really interesting job when the clients come in and I've really enjoyed helping them write their CV's, set up email addresses and generally help build up their confidence and skills.

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger Martin said...

Glad you found something interesting and useful to do until you got something more longterm sorted out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home