Friday, July 21, 2006

Mum

My parents came to visit us in Cambridge yesterday and we took them punting. This may not sound like a particularly amazing thing but it really is. Last October my Mum was diagnosed with Secondary cancer and was really ill. She could hardly walk and was in a lot of pain and we didn't think she would be around for much longer. Now she is on some cool medication and is able to walk about and travel enough to come and visit us! It's not cuarable and I know there are difficult times ahead but she is so much better now than she was and it's like we have bonus time at the moment because things looked so bleak 6 months ago. Praise God for modern medicine and for his timing.

3 Comments:

At 12:58 pm, Blogger Martin said...

I'm glad to hear that She is getting on better now. And I hope that it is a good while until any difficult times.

Slight aside - I hope you and Rich didn't try swapping places.

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Praise God for the wonders of modern medications.. I hope and pray that you will truly make the most of the special moments together!

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Me and Rich did swap places - we are both becoming punting experts now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home