Sunday, July 09, 2006

My first fight!

Got into a fight last night, my first ever one!

We were walking up the Parade in Leamington Spa (one of Britain's most likely places to have a fight - not) and this girl asked us if we had 40p so she could make a phonecall etc etc. We said no and I must have smiled without meaning to particularly beacuse she looked at me and said 'Are you laughing at me? Don't F***ing laugh at me' and grabbed my arm and flung me across the pavement!!! So there I was tottering a bit in my heels and saying 'I'm not laughing at you' and she was pushing me around a bit, blatantly wanting a fight and Anna was saying to her 'leave her alone, there's 4 of us'. Not that the 4 of us looked threatening in any way but it was worth a try. Thankfully her equally scary friend then came out of a phone box, grabbed her and yanked her away saying 'what are you doing?' and we took this as our opportunity to make a hasty exit (as hasty as you can be in heels mind you) to Zizzis.

Another of life's rich experiences there. I seem to have had a few of them this year - I've been on strike, been made redundant and now I've been in a fight. I wonder what will be next? Travelling to the other side of the world I suppose, bring it on.....

3 Comments:

At 11:30 pm, Blogger Martin said...

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better. Hope your next trip to this neck of the woods is slightly more pleasant.

 
At 7:59 am, Blogger Jonathan Potts said...

Well, you know Leamington. That's why I moved to Coventry. Much safer here. ;)

 
At 3:49 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

Hello Mrs Burley!
Nice to see you've got me as a link already (before your husband - women, they're smart!) Good to hear about your holiday, shame you can't pop in to S.A. on the way round... another time eh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home