Friday, June 30, 2006

Pipped

Job interview today. Pipped to the post again. For once it would be quite refreshing to have someone say,
'Sorry, we thought you were rubbish, you couldn't do this job in a million years'
instead of
' you were a very strong candidate and your enthusiasm really shone through. It was a really hard decision but in the end we had to give the job to someone with more experience than you so you were just pipped to the post'.
Pah! Even I know that enthusiasm isn't enough. I never liked sign language in the first place anyway.....

2 Comments:

At 11:23 pm, Blogger Martin said...

I hope things improve for you in the future. Stick at it!

 
At 12:46 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Spoke to someone 'in the know' today and she told me that actually I was the second choice for the job and that they did really like me.

Is so annoying though coz I seem to have been second choice for jobs quite a few times this year. It seems that I generally do well in interviews but don't have that special spark that someone else always seems to have and they beat me to it. I'm not sure if that's something you can cultivate or if you've just got it or you haven't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home