Monday, January 08, 2007

Bass Guitar

I got a bass guitar for Christmas last year from my gorgeous husband. I really wanted one. I chose it myself. I was really pleased with it and excited about learning to play it.

Problem is I can be sooo lazy! I have hardly picked it up over the past year and although it makes an attractive and funky looking peice of furniture in our lounge, that wasn't really the idea.

So, I have to decided to act as if I got it this Christmas and recapture the excitment of owning a very cool instrument and dammit if I won't learn to play the thing and become that very funky looking female band member loitering in the background that I had pictured.

So my friends, you have my permission - and in fact my plea - to keep on asking me how I'm getting on with learning to play my bass. Perhaps if I feel guilty enough about letting people down if I don't practice that will give me enough incentive to get off my ass and do it!!

"Oooo, deep psychological problems of needing to please people Mel?" I hear you say - maybe, but if it works in this instance I'll go with it.

6 Comments:

At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will expect a concert soon rock chic!
xxx

 
At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is the Bass Guitaring? - feel free to reciprocate with awkward questions about my bible reading regularity.

 
At 2:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to do some jammin' some time. Just remember the old 'lemonade-coffee' routine!

 
At 5:17 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Still remember it and can still do it Joe, along with Lemonade-tea. You were a very good teacher.

 
At 10:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, do you remember "wrong again. it's my lovely cup of tea..."???

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Course I do Luce - still say it frequently actually, although I never quite got the impression as spot on as Zanna did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home